Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sick and don't feel good

Well we all have a nasty cold and sore throat. It's never good when we are all sick including Mama. And Cordie gets really cranky (even more so when not feeling great) and she decided to take her own hair down tonight and when it didn't come out easy she kept pulling until the band snapped. And did I mention how the band was so tangled in her hair I thought I was going to have to cut her hair up to her shoulders?
Well with a lot of coaxing and some silk conditioning oil I got the band out after brushing her hair I found a chunk missing and knew I had to cut her hair about 2.5 inches. She was crying and sobbing the entire time. Katie came in and held her hand and said please don't cry I will make it fair Mama will cut my hair and it will be fair.
I thought I was going to cry. That was so thoughtful of Katie after all the hair cutting was done Cordie ran to the mirror with Katie and made sure they were the same LOL. Katie was smiling and hugged Cordie telling her that she loved her. Cordie held Katie and whispered in her ear. I don't know for sure but I think she was telling her how much she loved her too and thanking her for the love sacrifice she made for her sister.

Carlow has a Gotcha Day coming up I can not believe he has been home for one yr as of Oct. 8.
We are praying to be well by then and hoping to go to the Farm in Bremen with our Home Schooling Group.
One more thing I have a friend who is adopting a 9 yr old from Russia. Please read about her
http://www.myarcticprincess.blogspot.com/
She has several fund raisers going I love the blog creations that her friend is doign to help her. Check it out.
Till Later,
Bekah One Blessed Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you all are so sick! Hope you all are on the mend quickly. I can't believe that Carlow has been home almost a year and I have yet to meet him! JB got about 6-6.5 inches of hair cut off a couple of weeks ago. It is short and sassy and she absolutely loves it! EB is still her ornery, lovable self. I miss you all so much! Give each other big hugs!

Carlow

Katie

Cordie