Sunday, October 21, 2007

Home is where your heart is.

Well we are home safe and sound. It was a longggggggggggggggggggg flight and going through Detroit well lets just put it this way I felt like cattle and it didn't matter that we had 3 small children one of which had a tummy ache and had to potty. We were held up in customs they made us go through then sent us to another line for Carlow. And the man was sooooooo slow he seemed not to know what he was doing, they finally called a second guy and thankfully he had more personality. This process took us 45 minutes to an hour we only had 2 hours to rush this and get to our gate.
After getting through there... I jumped into line with 3 kids and 2 strollers while Brad gathered our 6 bags. Okay right about now is where I think And a partridge in a pear tree would fit nicely
I have to tell you that after running through the Detriot airport I don't wish to ever enter through there again.
Okay now let me share that our trip was amazing I want to thank God first and foremost for allowing us to be the parents to this special little boy. And I want to thank our FTIA family and our families for suporting us through this adoption.
Our trip seemed more like a vacation it was so much fun thanks to Helen it was such a pleasure to see her when we were waiting for Judy in the airport in Guangzhou. We knew that we would have an okay time with Judy only because we had set it in our hearts this trip to make the most of things. But then Helen showed up and our hearts became light. Helen was there for the births of Katie and Cordie into our family. So her being with us for Carlow was just perfect and as things should be. It was our true pleasure because to us Helen is family and we were honored to meet her Family!
Helen please drop me a comment I have lost the paper with your email addy and name I really want to email you privately we are truely indebted to you and your family and thank yous just are not enough!
Well I'm going to go and maybe get to sleep another 2 hours the girls woke HUNGRY around 2 Am and now it's 5:22 AM and I have to be up about 7:30.
LOL after reading that it looks like a math problem and the trains left the stations at........
Night/morning to you all.
Bekah

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome Home! I hope the jet lag is minimal and the sleep is plentiful. Enjoy life with your trio - you are now officially outnumbered :)

catbertie said...

Welcome home! So sorry your "stay" in customs at Detroit was awful. I must admit that we made it through in about 15 minutes this past winter and have nothing but good memories. Everyone has to have a bad day!! God has blessed your family and thank you in sharing your blessings with us!!!

Carlow

Katie

Cordie