Sunday, September 16, 2007

Conversation with Cordie tonight.

Okay I have been trying to put this into words to express it with everyone, because Cordie just amazes me every day (Katie too and I will share her stories next)
Mama: Cordie what is albinism?
Cordie: I have less pigment.
Mama: What does that mean?
Cordie: I have blonde hair and need sunblock.
Wow I am so impressed she can articulate why she has blonde hair and comes from China!
And our next snippet went like this......
M: Hey Cordie are you Chinese?
C: Yes!
M: Is Katie?
C: Yes!
M: What about Mama?
C: Yes
M: Daddy?
C: NO, not at all
M: What about Jo Jo? (spelling might be wrong but it's Chinese for mothers Brother)
C: A little
M: Jo Ma? (mothers brothers wife)
C: Yes!


Okay now she went through the list of friends and family and distinguished them all as either Chinese, Mostly Chinese, Some Chinese, Or none at all.
Evidently I'm Chinese because I am trying to learn Chinese and I will speak Chinese to the girls, that in her mind along with my eyes and dark hair qualify me to be Chinese. Oh I love these conversations!

No comments:

Carlow

Katie

Cordie