Saturday, September 1, 2007

Just sitting here thought I would chat

Well we are getting closer to traveling back to China, and I have been going over the lists of things to pack. Okay so I have been worried about weight limit and how many bags to take because it's just going to be Brad and I. Yes and the kiddos too but I really don't think they will be much help with the bags just yet.
I am excited and scared, Katie just bonded so quick and Cordie well she wanted nothing to do with this Mama at first she warmed up to me but it took a while.
If there is anyone new out there reading this, please don't worry bonding happens just at different times with different children. Cordie is so very close to me now, she wakes and checks on me at night and covers me up. I have caught her kissing me and then going back to her own bed. Anyone who knows us knows that this is a HUGE turn around from the scared little girl who would not sleep, then after you get her to sleep she would wake with night terrors. This happened 2 or 3 times a night when she first came home. When she learned more English she would scream MOMMY DON"T LEAVE ME, MOMMY WHERE ARE YOU! It tore my heart out I would always run in and hold her rocking her and reassuring her that we were her forever mama and baba. I thought I would never get to sleep ever again, it came down to when she woke up just holding her in bed with us. I swore that I wouldn't do that I felt it would spoil her and we would never get her in her own bed. Well after a few weeks of no sleep I caved but now I know she needed the hugs and the cuddle time to build that bond with us. Now she is a big girl she likes her bed and wants to sleep in it. Some mornings we wake up with her snuggled in with us and we never even heard her slip in. She thinks that is so funny. Our house is an older home and the lay out in our bed room is a little strange, there is a room attached to what is the master bed room. It could be a nursery, sitting room, sewing room, dressing room, or even a bed room which is what we used it for. But I am nesting and moved the rooms around. Our house has no central air so we depend on window units to cool everything in the summer and I had moved the kids into the master bed room and our bed was in the small sunroom. Well that was fine for a while until the girls started waking up and not telling me. The only door in and out is in the bigger part of the room so we switched the rooms Brad and I have the larger one and the kids have the little one. We have decorated it with Dora, Tinkerbell, Thomas the tank engine, and Diego. The girls love it! all three beds fit beautifully with plenty of room for laundry baskets and room to walk around. But the biggest benefit was Cordie became much more secure with this arrangement for the first time she started sleeping all night long. She as mentioned checks on us and goes back to her bed. This let me know that my little Cordie is finally feeling safe. We have pushed their toddler beds together so Katie and Cordie sleep together and they have slept like that for over a year now. That let me know how close they are becoming when they asked if they could sleep together. They want everything to be even and you would assume that meant that if you gave something to Katie that Cordie would be right there saying where is mine, but no it's Katie asking where is Cordie's. Cordie will do the same thing for Katie and they both say it's only fair. If there isn't any more they will break it and share with each other. Yes they do fight they after all are sisters, and the worst thing Katie can do to Cordie is say I not hoppy with you(no this is not a typo that is a Katieism), I not talking to you! To which Cordie comes in crying Mama Katie isn't talking to me (you have to draw that out in a long whine) Our talk starts with and what did you do?....silence.....What did you do to her? ....most of the time it was she wanted Katie to play something her way, but I have to share that Katie is an antagonist. So if this is the case then when I ask What is going on? Katie is antagonising me again! Cordie what are you supposed to do when she antagonises you? Ignore her. So then I hear this you can't talk to me I'm ignoring you! LOL Yes and it never ends I know Carlow is going to fit right in here the girls are waiting to Mother him and boss him around! Well I'm heading to bed it's late and maybe I can sleep now. God Bless you all, Oh I wanted to shout a few praises before I go our friend Rachel just got their daughter Josie home and we are very grateful to God for that blessing (among others that have been bestowed on their family check out their blog) The great news is that she can such her bottle! Thank you God your an Awesome God! AND our Friends Tracye and Joe's daughter Lexie had surgery a few weeks ago and we are praising God that she is doing fine! Along with awesome news about her hearing Thank you Father for our children and the protection that you have put around them. Tracye's blog is also on the links section please check them out.

No comments:

Carlow

Katie

Cordie